Another favorites post is finally here! Every once-in-awhile I like to share a few of the little things that make me happy, happy, happy. These little parts of my every-day life ( most days ) either make me feel like I’ve really got my shit together / they look pretty and/or they make me a cool, calm, and collected human ( <<< necessary ).
So here’s my most recent collection of simple, every-day favorites:
1. A Healthy, Homemade Breakfast: I LOVE starting my day with a well-sized, healthy breakfast. For some reason, it just makes me feel clean & organized which is the BEST way to start the day. There’s just something about the good, clean energy that getting up and cooking some bfast gives you… plus it makes my house smell nice and home-y.
Usually, I’ll have something like this :: A mixture of whole-eggs / egg whites with avocado & my homemade salsa on top, blueberries, a glass of green tea, & a big glass of lemon water.
2. Daily Inspo Quotes: I am obsessed with words ( probably why I’ve loved every literature class I’ve ever taken )… like really, really obsessed with them. I mean, my Quote Board on Pinterest is ridiculously lengthy ( around 2,500 quotes pinned to date ).
I think what I like the most is how I can read how someone ELSE puts words together and think “wow, that’s EXACTLY how I feel / think!” Because, sometimes, its hard for me to do that myself. I think its kind of hard for all of us at times… thats what can make communicating so difficult. Communication is SO complex ( << obviously, you can tell I’m really interested in this topic ).
Anyways, so back to my framed inspo: this is the easiest way for me to remind myself every day to be happy / stay inspired. Okay, so the second quote I have pictured is a little aggressive / extreme, but whatever. We all get in those moods where we need a little bit of that. I like to print out my favorite quotes, frame them, and put them around my room for a daily dose of badass-ary.
3. Fresh Flowers: They always say every room needs something alive to make it feel right. Enter: flowers. This is SUCH an easy way to brighten up your home. I mean, when is the last time a freshly-cut flower bouquet / plant has ever stressed you out? Pretty much never. Though I’m just a college-kid on a college-budget, I try to pick up some flowers whenever I see some that I must have.
Grocery-store flowers are good ( cheap ) enough for me.
4. This “Wanderlust” Laptop Skin from Society6.com: So, if you’ve kept up / ever read ROAWO before, you know I like to travel as much as possible. Obviously, this laptop extra is perfffect for me. I’m kind of in love with it. Plus, I’ve gotten so many compliments, so obviously, its da-bomb.com.
Also, Society6 is one of my FAV online shops for stuff like tech skins / prints / iPhone cases / etc. There are so many options, so theres something for everyone.
5. These Christian Louboutin Wooden-Heel Leather Platforms: I mean, can we have a moment of silence for these? I’m known to splurge occasionally on some of my must-have items ( sparingly, of course ) & these were seriously so worth it ( I found a similar pair on eBay here << such a steal ).
But, exactly as expected :: I haven’t worn them yet because I’m too scared to scratch them up / get them dirty. You might be thinking “then whats the point of…” I get it, okay. I’m a crazy freak. I also always get the bottom-protector put on these types of shoes as well :: I don’t like when the red gets all scratchy.. OCD.
6. MetallicTats: I am seriously into this trend. First off, I don’t really like wearing a ton of bracelets, because I feel like they just get in my way. So, these are perfect for me. These jewelry-inspired temporary tattoos stay on for 4-6 days and look so, so badass.
MetallicTat is the brand I’m currently working with & I LOVE them! MetallicTat is owned by Leandra Simmons out of Encinitas, CA ( << one of my favorite places ever ) and her designs are fun, unique, and perfect for festivals / parties / a night out / or whatever else.
** The Super exciting part:: Visit MetallicTat on Etsy ( link above ) and use the promo code ROAWO10 at checkout to receive 10% off your order !! **
( I’ve already featured this little bull-skull metallic tattoo here. )
7. My Most Favorite Thing… My German Shep, Drogo: He completes my life, pretty much. Who needs a boyfriend ( or even friends… k no, thats dramatic) when you have the most perfect / sweetest cuddle-bud ever? Most of my day consists of: feeding Drogo / walking Drogo / talking to Drogo like he’s a human & like he’s going to answer me. I have long, sometimes funny, convos with my pup.. like a crazy-dog lady ( yes, he’s not even a real adult-dog yet.. an 80-pound beebus <<< my coined term for “baby” ). Maybe he wants to hear about my day, okay?
But actually, having a dog means someone(thing) will literally think that you are the best person / thing that has ever existed. Ever. You can’t NOT love that. Plus, despite his I-could-eat-you-whole appearance, Drogo is the sweetest & most playful dog ever. Best friends fo life.
So thats it for for now. I’m finally starting to create a posting schedule ( for the last week, I’ve posted almost every day ). Now, I’m going to try to stick to Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
I also wanted to take a sec to thank everyone who has given me such amazing / encouraging feedback about ROAWO. I originally started this whole thing as material for internships and I have gotten SO much more from it:: discounts, promos, & collabs ( <<< so fun, contact me for info @ firstname.lastname@example.org ) / connections with people who enjoy the same things that I do / further knowledge in the subjects I’m interested in / a creative outlet to fill my time / etc.
So thanks to everyone who has been soooo cool about it. I really appreciate it. Really.
[ PS ]