Yo, yo, YO.
I’m currently sitting on my couch in my camo hoodie, listening to iHeartCountry radio. *hates self* Ya know, just getting in the mood to go back HOME TO TEXAS on Monday!
I’m going home for a week to see my family & friends, hang with my dog, & go to a Aggie football game. Speaking of Texas A&M, did y’all see my last post on my favorite burgundy picks for fall & Aggie football?
As much as I love living in Los Angeles, I miss my home state. The word excited doesn’t even begin to describe my feelings toward my little trip home. ILYYY, Texas.
Anywhoooo, I wanted to share a recipe this week, because my last few posts have been so fashion-focused.
Enter: Coconut Whipped Cream.
I’ve seen this recipe a lot on Pinterest, & I finally got around to making it for y’all today!
Coconut “whipped cream” is a healthier substitution for normal whipped cream, as it contains WAY less sugar, & it’s base is coconut ( duh ).
You can flavor your coconut whipped cream with whatever you want, making it a versatile dessert topping, dip, or breakfast addition.
I use coconut whipped cream as a dip for fruit, on top of my clean-eating breakfast or dessert crepe, or on top of ice cream. The uses for this are literally endless, & it’s SO simple to make.
What You’ll Need
2 Cans of Coconut Milk/Cream
1 T Maple Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Optional Flavors: I chose Cinnamon
A Hand Mixer
1. Refrigerate canned coconut milk for a few hours.
2. Open up canned coconut, & scoop out the solidified coconut cream into a mixing bowl. The fatty cream should have accumulated at the top of the can. Don’t just dump the can out into your bowl, as you don’t want the liquid part!
3. Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to bowl.
4. With a hand mixer, fluff the coconut cream until it becomes a whipped cream consistency.
5. And Voila!! Store your extra coconut whipped cream in the fridge for later use!
I couldn’t be more obsessed with this healthy substitution, given my addiction to all things dessert. It makes my sweet tooth moments slightly more guilt-free.
Anyone feel me on that?
I hope y’all try & love this one! Don’t forget to snapchat me your healthy-girl creations, too.
If you want more lightened-up recipes like this one, visit my recipe index for lots of healthy eating inspo!
Talk soon, wiener girls. xx