I’ve been wanting to share a number of these products on the blog as of late, as I’ve detailed all of them on my instagram stories, so I’ve compiled a list of MUST-HAVES to reset & restart your healthy lifestyle for 2018.
In my opinion, living a healthy lifestyle means taking care of yourself physically ( exercise, rehabilitation, eating well, etc. ) & mentally/emotionally ( keeping your mind right, staying focused, decompressing, reflecting, etc ).
My list of MUSTS includes things I use daily, & I think y’all would find all of the above super useful in your own lives. Here’s why:
- Cute Workout Gear: this one is obvious, but having cute workout gear motivates me to get my ass to the gym more often. I’m all about feelin’ FRESH & having an badass look in all scenarios, which includes my workout time. Trust me, it works. I like bra + legging sets, because I feel most confident in those, and because that combo allows me to SEE exactly how my body is moving when doing exercises like pilates/strength training ( to make sure my form is correct! )
- Liquid IV Packets: I carry these packets around with me in my purse, & I always reach for one pre/post-workout ( & when I’m hungover, pro tip ). You dissolve this powder into a normal bottle of water. It tastes like Gatorade ( I like the Lemon-Lime flavor ). Liquid IV “uses a specific ratio of sodium, glucose, and potassium to deliver water and other key nutrients directly to your bloodstream, hydrating you faster and more efficiently than water alone.” HYDRATION. IS. KEY. & you can order these via Amazon prime.
- Coconut Sugar Packets: coconut sugar is a low glycemic substitute for regular sugar, so I order these packets from Amazon & always carry a few in my purse. Coconut sugar has a bit of a brown sugar taste, so I love it in coffee & tea! I’m not a huge fan of using splenda, and stevia isn’t my favorite, so coconut sugar is my #1. BYO-sugar, people!
- Diffuser + Essential Oils: I’ve done a whole post on my love for diffusing essential oils in my home. I diffuse peppermint oil in the morning for focus & eucalyptus oil in the evening for relaxation. The scent is amazing, the oils have incredible benefits for your well-being, & having a diffuser in your room makes you feel like you’re living at a spa. Goals.
- Journal: I LOVE JOURNALING! It was one of my 2018 goals to start reading & writing more, and I’m having the BEST TIME implementing this new habit into my life. I might do a whole post on journaling. Sometimes I write in reflection, sometimes I write on random prompts I find, & occasionally I’ll just make crazy long lists of ideas that come to me or dreams I have. There are so many benefits to daily journaling, so don’t sleep on this one, y’all!
- Digestive Enzymes + Cleansing Vitamins: these two supplements have ABSOLUTELY changed my life as of late. We are learning more & MORE about how the health of your gut affects the health of your entire body ( & your mind ), and I’m obsessed with that whole area of modern medicine. I have a very sensitive digestive system ( I’m legit allergic/intolerant to everything ) & I have a history of feeling sick after I eat anything ( though its never stopped me from stuffing my face ). I take digestive enzymes before big meals & daily cleanse supplements early in the morning before I eat ( I also take probiotics 2x/day ) and this combo has worked WONDERS for me. I highly recommend.
Should I do a whole YouTube haul on these & more of my health/wellness favorites?? I think that’s more true to my lifestyle than a beauty/fashion haul would be ( though I can do those as well! ).
Lemme know what y’all think, & lemme know if you’re going to try any of these things to make your life more BOMB this year.
Talk soon. xx