Ya know what makes Monday not suck as much? Reading about easy ways to make your life 10000000x better by improving your inner-bod health. I like simple little healthy tricks, because I don’t have time to be a full-blown health nut.
Recently, I’ve become obsessed with this notion that your stomach controls everything ( including your anxiety / stress levels… woah )… and I mean obsessed. I’ve been researching like crazy / watching a-million-and-one lectures/TED talks about this, so I’ll summarize in a post very soon to give y’all the low-down. One helpful tip that I keep coming across in my research is to take a daily Probiotic Supplement… for gut health AND BEYOND ( *queue Buzz Lightyear* ).
What are Probiotics? WebMD gives us a perfect, simple summary: “Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive system. We usually think of bacteria as something that causes diseases. But your body is full of bacteria, both good and bad. Probiotics are often called “good” or “helpful” bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy. Probiotics are naturally found in your body. You can also find them in some foods and supplements.”
GUT-HEALING BENEFITS OF PROBIOTICS INCLUDE:
1. Moving Food Through Your Digestive System: This keeps you.. uhhh.. regular? You know what I mean.
2. Replaces Good Bacteria: It is SUPER helpful to focus on Probiotic intake after completing something that removes bacteria from your body, like an antibiotic.
3. Lowers the Amount of Bad Bacteria: These kinds of bacteria can cause infections & other problems.
4. Help alleviate the symptoms of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome): A certain Probiotic, called Bifidobacterium, which is found in many dairy foods, can aid in IBS relief (AND Inflammatory Bowel Disease!)
5. Increase Immunity: 80% of your immune system is in your gut, and when probiotics (the good guys) are abundant in your body, it’s harder for the disease causing bacteria (the bad guys) to settle in (per the Hyperbiotics Website).
Also, I read ( in InStyle‘s February issue ) that Jennifer Aniston takes a daily Probiotic supplement ( in conjunction with Fish Oil, given to her by her natural doc ) to keep her skin on FLEEK, as they say. Okay, I trust Jen An when it comes to tips on aging gracefully…. I mean, she could tell me that she bathes in the blood of a virgin on a daily basis to keep her skin on point.. and I just may do it. AND Probiotics are showing to speed up metabolism. As if you needed more reason to invest in these little magical supplements.
Probiotics can be found in fermented foods like yogurt. I like to take a supplement, because I know FOR A FACT that I’m getting a little Probiotic action every. single. day.
So, when I had the opportunity to team up with Hyperbiotics & spread the word about some magical gut-healing juju, ya know I had to snatch it. You can purchase the Hyperbiotics’ Pro-15 Advanced Strength Probiotics on Amazon here.
Can’t wait to share a ton of mind-blowing info on maintaining your gut health! Its a lot, so I’m trying to not be overwhelmed with all of it! Do you have anything to add to this/help me understand digestive health better? Just comment below!
Powered by Brand Backer.