You don’t understand what is about to go down in your mouth hole after you make these Peanut Butter Cookie protein ballz.
They’ll be the best balls you put in your mouth this week.
LOL. But, seriously. These PB cookie balls do not taste like your average “healthy” dessert/snack. They’re super rich, full of protein, AND gluten-free/vegan. Also, they’re no-bake. Obsessed.
I got the idea for this recipe from Katrina Bowden, the gal behind the blog Fit Kat, when she demoed how to make them at an event I attended recently. I changed up her original recipe a little bit, based on the ingredients I had in my pantry at the time.
If you’re missing an ingredient or two, no worries! Making swaps in this recipe is easy.
1.5 cups Rolled Oats
1.5 cups Gluten-Free Pretzels ( regular if you just have those! )
3 tablespoons Chia Seeds
3 tablespoons Toasted Sliced Almonds
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
1/4 cup Agave Nectar
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
optional: Enjoy Life Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Pulse the oats in a food processor until chopped pretty fine. It took me around 10-15 pulses. Place in a large bowl.
2. Pulse the gluten-free pretzels in the food processor until relatively fine. It took me around 20 pulses. Place in bowl with oats.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
4. Rub coconut oil onto hands ( to make working with PB mixture easier ), & form spoonfuls of mixture into ballz. Place onto a cookie sheet.
5. Place ballz in the refrigerator to cool for at least an hour to set.
Y’all are going to diggggg these for a clean dessert or quick snack option!
I made my batch of peanut butter cookie protein balls, stored them in an airtight container in the fridge, and my roommates & I ate them for the next few days. They’re the perfect lil sweet to keep on-hand, especially if you have the sugar addiction that I do.
Hope everyone had the chilllllest Sunday ever. Clearly, my Sunday was so chill that I wasn’t able to get this post up until 9:30 pm…
In fact, this Sunday was SO chill that I had my favorite spray tan specialist come to my home to give me a spray tan AND I had a mcflurry delivered by Postmates. So. Thats where I’m at right now.
Oh, BTW– I’m doing a few fun giveaways via Instagram stories this week ( one is happening RIGHT NOW ), so make sure you’re following me over there: @PAYTONSARTAIN.
Talk soon, weens. xx