I’m back at it with a new breakfast/lunch/snack recipe today, friends. As with most of my go-to recipes, it’s idiot-proof, quick & can be altered to fit YOUR tastebuds. Versatility is KEY.
Enter: PB&J protein oatmeal.
I find myself making this recipe for late-breakfast or lunch frequently. This bowl of goodness checks all the boxes on my nutritional checklist; it’s loaded with fiber, protein, & healthy fats.
& because of that, it keeps me full for quite awhile. Score.
Let’s get to the recipe.
1 cup oats ( I use GF rolled oats or quick oats )
Vanilla Protein Powder ( I use this VEGA protein )
Almond Milk ( optional )
1 Tbsp Almond Butter
1/2 cup Berries ( I use frozen! or sub/add another fruit, like banana )
- Pour oats into a bowl ( add touch of sea salt ).
- Pour boiling water ( I use my electric kettle to boil water extra-quick ) over oats & stir. I like my oats to be a bit watery at this point, so the protein powder easily mixes in without getting too dense. You can always add more hot water at any point.
- Mix protein powder, cinnamon, & vanilla into oats, adding more water until you get the consistency you like.
- ( optional ) top with a little almond milk for extra moisture.
- Top with berries! If I’m working with frozen berries, I’ll defrost them in the microwave a bit. They’re actually really yum warm!
- Add almond butter.
- I always sprinkle on more cinnamon, or add a little honey/agave at the very end.
I make these protein oats a few times a week, at least. They’re a necessary go-to when I’m short on time, or looking for a meal to really fuel my day. Sometimes I’ll switch up the toppings and mix-ins, but this is the recipe I generally base from.
Also, it ends up being a pretty affordable at-home meal, too.
Hope you like this lil recipe! I’m having so much fun sharing my current easy recipes with you lately. Being at home isn’t all bad, though I could go for a meal made by a professional right about now, LOL.
Much love! x